- 10 oz. White Bread, Thickly Sliced (283g)
- 6 oz. Fig Preserves (165g)
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries, Chopped (160g)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk (480ml)
- 2 Cups Half & Half (480ml)
- 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar (112.5g)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla (5ml)
- Spread each slice of bread with fig preserves. Grease the slow cooker bowl with cooking spray. Place one layer of bread at the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle part of the chopped cranberries on top. Continue layering the bread and cranberries.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Set aside. Combine the milk, half & half, caster sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan. Warm using medium to low heat until bubbles start to break the surface. Gradually whisk milk mixture into eggs. Pour over bread. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Turn off heat, then remove bowl from slow cooker. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
| Makes about 6 servings
Note: I used a loaf of French bread for this recipe.