As far as breads go, I have found my new and true love: Sweet Potato Bread. When I first tried this recipe I couldn’t believe how soft and decadent this bread turned out! The taste of the sweet potato definitely displays itself proudly giving this pastry a well balanced sweetness. The warm cinnamon also gave it a kick and as I was baking this, the combined aromas filled my house completely.
If you want your home to be filled with comfort, bake this sweet potato bread. Whether it’s the aroma or the softness of it paired with a warm cup of coffee, it will have you thinking of cozy Autumn days.
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour (219g)
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (1.3g)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder (5g)
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda (2.5g)
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt (1.5g)
- ¼ Cup Butter, Softened (50g)
- 4 Oz. Cream Cheese, Softened (120g)
- 1 Cup Sugar (190g)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sweet Potato, Cooked & Mashed (200g)
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (2ml)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a larger bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Gradually add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, beating well after each. Then add the sweet potatoes, mixing well. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating at low speed and just until well combined. Spoon batter into a prepared loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 inches). Smooth over top.
- Bake in a preheated oven with rack at center position for 45-50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove to wire rack and cool completely.