Right around this time every year, we start making more light and fresh foods to go well with the Spring mood. In my family one of the first things that appears at the table is Carrot Raisin Salad. Maybe not everyone likes the idea of a fruit salad like this one, especially because of the ingredient combination. But trust me, you have to try it at least once.
From what I could gather from a quick search online is that there are many different ways of making Carrot Raisin Salad. My family always makes it with fresh carrots and pineapple, and sweetenes it so that it can be eaten as part of dessert. This is probably why I loved eating this when I was little. It was honestly the only way to get me to eat carrots!~
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots (about 2 large carrots used)
- 2 Cups Pineapple Bits (20oz./567g)
- 1 Cup Raisins (6oz./170g)
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup (4oz./120ml)
- Wash, peel, and grate carrots so that you have 2 cups of grated carrots. Transfer to a large bowl. Add pineapple bits, raisins, and light corn syrup. Stir together until well combined. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
| Makes about 6-8 servings.