This week we will be making an easy breakfast that is both tasty and healthy! Omelettes are one of my favorite foods to experiment with, especially if I have some veggies left over and in need of use. In this case, mushrooms and spinach are a great combination to use in an omelette. I love making these during the week to start off my day on a healthier note.~
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms, Chopped (37g) (I used Baby Portabella Mushrooms)
- 1/2 Cup Spinach, Chopped (10.6g)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Milk (10ml )
- Salt & Pepper (as needed)
- Wash and chop both the mushrooms and the spinach. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper just until combined.
- Prepare a frying pan/skillet (8″) with about a tablespoon of oil or butter and heat over medium to low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted. Evenly spread the mushrooms and spinach around the pan. Pour the egg mixture evenly over these making sure they are completely covered. Continue to cook until the omelette is set. (To cook more evenly, cover the pan while cooking.) Swirl any remaining liquid around the pan. Then carefully fold the omelette in half. Serve warm.
| Makes 1 Serving.