It’s mid November now and the weather finally got colder here in El Paso! For the last couple of years, it has taken longer and longer for Fall or Winter to come. My mom actually remembers when it used to snow a lot back when she was in her 20’s. It seems that all we know now is heat, however, once it starts getting chilly we all take out our mugs full of hot chocolate and like good Mexicans, a concha to accompany it. Today, I’ll be sharing with you a very fast, simple recipe for delicious Mexican Hot Chocolate. All you need is three ingredients and an optional topping. So, let’s get started!
You will need:
- 4 Cups of Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tablet of Chocolate Abuelita
- Mini Marshmallows (Optional)
*This recipes makes about 4 servings.
- First, over medium heat, you want to warm up the 4 cups of milk. Do not let it boil, otherwise your pot will overflow. Add in the cinnamon powder and stir it in. Next, add in the tablet of Chocolate Abuelita, and using a whisk or molino, stir it until the chocolate dissolves. Once it has dissolved completely and it becomes frothy, it is ready to serve!
- Pour it into your cup and top it off with mini marshmallows. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy your warm cup of hot chocolate! 🙂
*If you can’t find Chocolate Abuelita where you are at, Ibarra Chocolate is also good. I haven’t tried this drink with Baker’s Chocolate, but I have seen recipes out there that use it for hot chocolate. (As a side note, I was able to find Chocolate Abuelita at Walmart.)
Hope you all enjoyed this warm, delicious drink! Please remember to share this recipe with your friends if you liked it, and be sure to subscribe to my youtube channel for more video tutorials. 🙂