For this recipe I really wanted to make something different from the usual peppermint or M&M’s Christmas bark. At first I thought of making a healthier version of it filled with dried fruits, seeds, and nuts, but after some protesting from my family (they thought Christmastime was a perfectly good time to indulge) I came up with this version instead. What inspired me was the classic taste of cherry cordial. I have always loved the combination of dark chocolate and cherries, so I was very excited about combining these two flavors in the Christmas bark.
- 2 Cups Dark Chocolate Morsels (12oz/339.6g)
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Morsels (6oz./169.8g)
- 1 Teaspoon Canola Oil (5ml)
- 1 Cup Maraschino Cherries (10oz/283g)
- Melt both types of chocolate separately in a double boiler or in the microwave according to package instructions. Add the canola oil to the dark chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Chop the maraschino cherries into small pieces. Set aside.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread out evenly. Drizzle white chocolate over top and then swirl with a spatula. Sprinkle the chopped cherries over the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 35 minutes or until set. Cut or break bark into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
| Makes about 10 servings.