Starting off the day with a positive mindset really gives me the energy to go through everything I have to do. And sometimes, the way to do that is to have a healthy snack in the morning. I always feel a lot more energized after eating something delicious like these oatmeal breakfast bars, then following that with a good workout. I end up feeling good about myself which gives a spring to my step for the rest of the day. And yes, that all begins with something as little as having a good breakfast bar!~
For these oatmeal bars, I used a lot of my preferred and available ingredients, so you can change these to suit your taste. You can go ahead and add any dried fruit, seeds, or nuts you prefer to make the breakfast bars to your liking. I just would recommend to use ingredients that are unsalted and without added sugar. The same thing applies to the almond milk. You can use either regular milk or any other unsweetened milk substitute.
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats (160g)
- 3/4 Cup Dried Cranberries (120g)
- 1/2 Cup Almonds, Chopped (60g)
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds (32g)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (2.6g)
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk, Unsweetened (360ml)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (15ml) Optional
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, cranberries, almonds, seeds, and cinnamon. Set aside. In another larger bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Add the almond milk and honey and whisk together. Fold in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Lightly coat an 8 by 11 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Evenly spread the oatmeal into the baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 30 – 40 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
- Let cool completely in baking dish. Cut into bars.
| Makes 8 servings.