This week we are making something both delicious and healthy to add to our breakfast menu. And to make things easier for everyone who just wants a quick meal in the morning, this banana waffles recipe only has 6 ingredients!
If you have been watching what you eat like me, getting the day started with a good breakfast is very important. For this recipe, I really wanted to make something that was quick and easy but that had healthier ingredients. These waffles are made with whole wheat flour which is the better alternative to all purpose flour. And the only sweeteners used are the bananas themselves and some honey. Also, if you are on a more plant-based diet, you can easily substitute the milk for any plant based milk, like almond or coconut milk if you prefer.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 3/4 Cup Milk (or milk substitute)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- In one small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside. In another larger bowl, mash the bananas, then whisk in the milk. Add the vanilla and honey. Add dry ingredients and mix together just until combined.
- Grease your waffle iron with cooking spray or butter. Spoon the batter onto the iron. (Make sure not to add too much batter or it will overflow.) Cook waffles for 3-4 minutes.
- Optional: Spread butter on the waffles while they are still warm. Top with your favorite fruits, nuts, or other toppings.