Another easy dinner recipe this week! I really love to eat pasta, so I am always on the lookout for new recipes that I can try out and experiment with. This pasta in particular is very delicious! I really like the tiny bit of spiciness it has and the lovely flavor that the basil and Parmesan cheese give it. If I could eat this every day with a side salad and some cheesy garlic bread, I would be perfectly happy.~
- 10 oz. Spaghetti Pasta
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Thinly Sliced
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1-2 Tablespoons Dried Basil Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, (Plus more for topping)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti pasta to it and cook until just softened.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook while stirring constantly, until edges are golden, about 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and stir together, cook 1 minute. Add in the red pepper flakes, stir together, and let simmer about 2-3 minutes. Stir in peas.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add pasta and dried basil to the sauce and toss together. Add the 1/2 cup of cooking water as needed, letting the pasta cook until it is al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Serve and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
*Makes about 4 servings.