This week we are making some very simple and easy to make brownies from scratch. This brownie recipe is perfect for when you need something easy to put together and have a few ingredients. Personally, I really love these brownies because they are not overly sweet and they have a not too dense texture, so that you can go ahead and eat more than one!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (280g)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (140g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (2.5g)
- 1 1/3 Cup Butter, Softened (267g)
- 2 Cups Sugar (380g)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract (15ml)
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and mix just until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly into a greased 13 by 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 25 – 30 minutes or until center is set. Let cool completely, then cut into squares.
- Optional: Dust with Confectioner’s Sugar
| Makes 2 Dozen Brownies