The quest to fill my house with Autumn colors continues and this week we have added a lovely Fall centerpiece to our dining table!
- Wood Tray 18.26 x 6.02 x 2.91in. (46.6 x 15.3 x x7.4cm)
- 2 Pieces of Cardboard 14.25 x 4.5in. Each (36.195 x 11.43cm)
- Jute Cord
- Floral Decor Fall Leaves
- Small Decorative Pumpkins, Gourds, or Pine Cones
- Red Candle (with candle holder)
- Glue Gun
- Glue the two pieces of cardboard together so that they are stacked on top of each other. Then starting from one of the shortest sides of the cardboard, begin to wrap it with jute cord. Glue down the beginning edge of the cord and the ending so that the cord doesn’t unravel. Make sure the cardboard is covered completely. Place the wrapped cardboard into the wooden tray.
- If the leaves being used are attached together, cut them apart so that there are only single leaves. Begin to attach each leaf around the top edge of the tray and facing the inside. Continue until the edge of the tray is completely covered.
- Place the candle at the center of the tray on top of the cardboard insert. Arrange the pumpkins around the candle in any way you wish. If preferred, glue down the pumpkins to the cardboard so that they are secure. Finish by filling any empty spaces with gourds, pine cones, or other small Autumn decorations.
- Let centerpiece dry completely.
Note: If you are using a tray of a different size, measure the inside proportions of it and cut out the cardboard pieces according to that size. Make sure to leave enough space for the jute cord as well.