These cream scones are a delicious addition to anyone’s recipe box. They are very quick and easy to make and this recipe can be used as a base for adding any other flavors to scones like fruits and seeds.
- 3 3/4 Cups Bread Flour (450g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (95g)
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder (15g)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (6g)
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream, Cold (480ml)
- 2 Tablespoons Milk (30ml)
- Coarse Sugar for Sprinkling
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bread flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the heavy cream and mix just until the dough holds shape.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead and shape the dough into a disk. The disk should be about 10 inches in diameter. Cut the dough into 8 equal sized wedges.
- Place the wedges on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with milk then sprinkle with the coarse sugar. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes. Let the cream scones cool in the pans for a few minutes, then remove to wire racks and let cool completely.
| Makes 8 Cream Scones