This cranberry orange muffins recipe is very easy and quick to put together. Because of the use of healthier ingredients, like the whole wheat flour and the honey as sweetener, you can eat these muffins at any time during the day, including at breakfast.
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (304g)
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder (10g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda (2.5g)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt (1.5g)
- 1 Cup Fresh Orange Juice (240ml)
- 1/4 Cup Honey (60ml)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil (60ml)
- Coarse Sugar for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, egg, and canola oil until well combined. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.
- Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners. Fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle coarse sugar over tops.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins stand in the muffin tin 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool. Option to serve whilst warm or to let cool completely.
| Makes 1 dozen muffins.