A favorite snack of mine has always been a cup of granola with yogurt and fruit. I used to always buy my granola, until recently I discovered just how good it can be homemade. Making granola myself let me play with different flavors and combinations of nuts, seeds, or dried fruit to get just the taste I crave.
This recipe I’m sharing with you is perfect for the Autumn and Winter seasons. The cinnamon and nutmeg give the granola a perfect warmth that combines well with the earthy flavors of walnuts and almonds. And to finish, you get a sweet yet tangy taste from the cranberries to wake up your taste buds.~
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats (240g)
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, Chopped (60g)
- 1/2 Cup Almonds, Sliced or Chopped (60g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (3g)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (2.6g)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg (2.2g)
- 1/4 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil (60ml)
- 1/2 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup (120ml)
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries (160g)
- In a large bowl stir together the oats, walnuts, almonds, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the oil and honey. Stir together until evenly combined.
- Spread granola onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir granola. Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely. Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container.