This cinnamon spice french toast recipe is easy to make and has a wonderful flavor! It pairs well with any toppings such as syrup, berries, apple, or if you are looking to make this your dessert, even ice cream. Personally, I love having this for breakfast with a sliced banana, blueberries and a drizzle of honey. ~
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Almond Milk Or Milk (80ml)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg (0.3g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (1.3g)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (15ml)
- Whole Wheat Bread, 2 Slices
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and honey until well combined. Add one slice of bread at a time to the mixture and let soak for a few seconds on each side.
- Grease pan with cooking spray or butter and warm using medium to low heat. Toast both sides of each slice for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm.
| Makes 1 serving.
Note: You can top the french toast with any toppings you wish such as maple syrup, honey, powdered sugar, fruit, etc.