Now that the weather is getting chillier, I really wanted to make something warm and comforting as a snack. So, after a bit of inspiration from a mini muffin post I saw, I took one of my pancake recipes and changed it just a bit. The outcome? Warm, fluffy, and cinnamon-y mini muffins to eat drizzled with maple syrup and accompanied by a big cup of coffee!
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour (105g)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder (5g)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda (1.25g)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (2.6g)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk (120ml)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted (12.5g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (2ml)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (15ml)
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the egg. Add the buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, and honey. Beat until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray or butter. Spoon the batter into the tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10 minutes. Serve warm. Optional: Spread butter over tops of muffins while still warm.
| Makes 24 Mini Muffins