Just in time for the new season, we are making all sorts of foods that invoke that colorful, fresh feeling of Springtime at home. One of these being Carrot Cake! Maybe not everyone likes carrot cake (my Mother hates it!), but I would gladly devour a big piece of carrot cake anytime! Especially this one. The recipe I am sharing with you today is for a soft and moist cake covered in creamy, delicious homemade cream cheese frosting and finished with a layer of crunchy almonds.
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour (420g)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar (285g)
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder (10g)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon (5.2g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda (2.5g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (3g)
- 5 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Corn or Vegetable Oil (240ml)
- 3 Cups Carrots, Grated (330g)
- 1 Cup Ground Pineapple, drained (225g)
- 1 Cup Chopped Almonds (100g)
Carrot Cake Toppings:
- 2 Cups Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Cup Sliced Almonds (100g)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add the beaten eggs and stir until combined. Gradually stir in the oil until well moistened. Fold in the carrots, pineapple, and chopped almonds. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a 10 in. cake pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake stand in pan for 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Spread a layer of the cream cheese frosting over the cake. Gently press the sliced almonds onto the sides and top of the frosted cake.
| Makes one 10 inch round cake.