One of my favorite things to decorate my home with is candles! As a result I always have several glass candle holders left over. Because we are currently transforming our house into Fall heaven, I decided to reuse them and give them an Autumn makeover.
I wanted to make something easy, but that looks rustic or even magical when a candle is lit. This is why I opted for using gold tones and leaf silhouettes. The finished product looked amazing at night! It really filled my rooms with the romantic Fall mood that I was looking for.~
For this project you will need:
- Glass Candle Holders
- Leaf Cutouts
- Acrylic Paint for Home Decor in Metallic Gold & Glitter Gold
- Small Candles in Fall Colors
- Small Sponge
- Trace small leaves of different shapes and sizes on regular paper and cut them out. If you need a stencil, you can use this one:
- Place a little bit of tape on the back of each leaf and press them onto the candle holder in any pattern you choose.
- Then, with then sponge, coat the outside of the glass with the gold metallic paint. Let stand 5 minutes, then add a second coat. ( Be careful when applying the paint around the leaves so that they don’t fold in. ) Let dry completely. Gently remove the leaf cutouts.
- Now add a coat of the glitter paint, being careful not to paint over the leaf silhouettes.
- Finally, let the glass holder air dry completely. Your holder is now ready to use, so add your candle!