Soft and fluffy apple cinnamon topped muffins are a perfect snack to have with a warm cup of coffee during this Autumn season. 🍏🍂
- 1 Green Apple, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (53.25g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (1.3g)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice (15ml)
- 1-1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (210g)
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder (10g)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (2.6g)
- 7 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine, Softened (87.5g)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream (113.5g)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (143g)
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (5ml)
- In a bowl, mix together the apple topping ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Whisk in the cinnamon powder. Set aside. Cream together the butter, sour cream, and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually drizzle in the eggs while whisking. Mix in the vanilla extract. Fold in the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or butter. Fill each cup 2/3 full with batter. Top with the prepared apple slices. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Let muffins cool in tin 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
| Makes about 1 dozen muffins.