This week’s dessert recipe is something I put together from a few ingredients I had left over, but that gave soft and delicious results!
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (105g)
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour (105g)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder (7g)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Softened (37.5g)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (143g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (3g)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk (60ml)
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil (45ml)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Almond Extract (7ml)
- 1 Cup Raisins (150g)
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Almonds (15g)
- Sift together both flours and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the sugar, butter, and salt.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and almond extract. Add to the butter mixture in two or three additions, beating well until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined. Fold in the raisins.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners or grease with butter or cooking spray. Fill each tin with batter 3/4 full. Top with chopped almonds.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are a light golden brown. (Or test by inserting a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.) Let muffins cool in the tins 5 minutes. Then remove to wire racks and cool completely.
| Makes 1 Dozen Muffins