Autumn is already officially here and to me this means spending more time in the kitchen! There is always something about the crisp, chilly air of Fall that makes me want to bake as much as I can. After all, the first things that come to mind when you think of this season is pumpkin pie, lattes, and many other delicious treats. To get you started off in the kitchen, I have compiled this list of 5 Fall recipes you must try. I have included classic recipes that Fall just wouldn’t be the same without, traditional recipes from my Mexican culture, and easy recipes for beginners.
- Classic Pumpkin Bread | This delicious pastry is one you must have in your recipe box! Instead of going out to buy a slice at cafes, why not make a whole loaf for yourself at home? Your whole house will be filled with the sweet aroma of Fall and afterwards you will have a soft, tasty treat to snack on with a warm drink.
2. Empanadas | This delicious traditional Mexican pastry is perfect for the chilly weather. I grew up eating these and trying out all the different flavors out there. You can fill these with any filling you want: pumpkin, sweet potato, apple, blueberry. . .
3. Dulce de Calabaza | Another traditional Mexican dessert that is the equivalent of Autumn in a bowl. This dessert is a combination of pumpkin sweetened with piloncillo, and spiced with cinnamon and cloves. It is very easy to make and will be a great snack to warm you in the chilly Fall evenings.
4. Sweet Potato Pancakes | A great way to start your mornings is with a fun and classic breakfast: Pancakes! This recipe gives the original breakfast food a twist with the savory sweet potato. If you like to try making food from scratch, pancakes is a good way to begin. This recipe is also easy to make and will give you the nice, fluffy pancakes we all crave in the morning.
5. Pumpkin Spice Fall Leaf Cookies | This simple recipe for cutout cookies is perfect for Fall, especially if you have children at home. Decorating these cookies with Autumn colors is a great way to spend an evening at home together. Not to mention, they will love the sweet pumpkin taste of these cookies!
So, what are you cooking or baking this Fall? Leave us a comment with your favorite Fall recipes and your thoughts on any of the delicious treats mentioned above. ~